An illustration of the stone tomb slab of Niall Mór Mac Suibhne



An illustration of the stone tomb slab of Niall Mór Mac Suibhne and shown in the book. The slab was originally at the old Church at Ballynasaggart on St John's Point but his ornate and unusual gravestone was removed to Killybegs in 1868 and erected inside St. Mary’s Church near the rear wall. However,during repairs to the church in 1953 it was moved o utside and suffered considerable weathering before being encased. It can beseen against the west wall of the church (in the small gate and down the steps) to the left of the main door. Kinfaela (Thomas C McGinley) in his book of 1867, states that the slab seems to be related to another
slab at Doe Castle, North West Donegal, another stronghold of the Mac Sweeney clan.










Check-in Date:

Check-out Date: